One last netbooting issue

Lincoln Peters lincoln_peters at hotmail.com
Fri May 24 12:35:32 PDT 2002

I think that tweaking /etc/init.d/network may have been the key.  As long as
eth0 is never tampered with, everything seems to work fine and it does not
hang at shutdown.

A less severe issue I'm still having concerns throughput.  The speed that
the system can read and write to the server has not noticeably improved
since I got the new server, even though the new server can do full duplex
100Mb/s and the old one could only do half duplex 10Mb/s.  Is there any way
that I can find out how fast the network itself can go (besides asking our
phantom technican)?