Need help installing linux on an HP laptop

ME dugan at passwall.com
Fri Nov 8 10:51:00 PST 2002

Now that the device is recognized, it is very likely that there is just a
configuration issue in giving the NIC the proper networking information.

Me being a Debian guy, I can tell you haw to do it manually and give you
files to edit by hand, *but* use of RedHat/SuSE GUI tools are often better
when you use those Distros.

I'll leave you (John) in the very capable hands of Mark who has provided a
very thorough description of where you will need to go next.

(If there are future hardware issues on this, I can come back in.)

I have never used "neat" but you may be able to just run it from the
command line in your version of Linux (like in an xterm) or install the
neat package if it is not part of a base install.

Good progress!
:-)

-ME