802.11b drivers

troy fryman at sonic.net
Mon Nov 18 22:39:06 PST 2002

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 10:23:17PM -0800, Lorie Obal wrote:
> I'm trying to track down Linux drivers for a Sohoware Netblaster PCI card.
> The Linux 802.11b pages don't explicitly list this hardware, but I was
> wondering if I could find a compatible match based on chipset.  Any
> suggestions?

I *think* that card is prism2 based.  If not, than the hermes driver
would probably work (modprobe hermes if your kernel came with those
modules pre-built.)

There really aren't that many 802.11b chipsets out there so even trial
and error wouldn't take too long.

I happen to like the linux-wlanng drivers:
http://www.linux-wlan.org/

-ta