Best Mail Reader

troy fryman at sonic.net
Wed Oct 23 10:20:47 PDT 2002

> On Wed, 2002-10-23 at 01:30, Warren Raquel wrote:
> > Just wondering what everyone's favorite mail programs were (on Linux of
> > course). I'm looking for a good one that handles multiple accounts very well
> > and handles PGP encrypted mail easily. Mentions of both GUI and console
> > programs are fine, GUI pref. While we're on the subject, news readers as
> > well, once again GUI or console. Thanks.

Like 90% of other console users, i like mutt.
For GUI, try sylpheed.  There's also sylpheed-claws, a more bleeding
edge version maintained by some other folks.  I've found claws to be
stable, although there are sometimes releases with probs.

Not really up on newsreaders.  tin gets me by but it's showing it age and
limitations.  Pan is the best GUI newsreader that i've found.

meanwhile, in other news...

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 07:37:15AM -0700, minnigerode wrote:
> Now I just need to get it to sync with my zaurus.

Arright, another Z user!  We might have to make our little "toys" the
subject of a future presentation. (o.k. everyone huddle around this
240x320 screen...)  What self-respecting geek wouldn't love a pda that
you can ssh into and fire up apache, nmap or kismet?

Did you try the forums at zauruszone.com?  How about the sf.net list
archives?  Point your newsreader to news.le.org if you can't stand
the sf.net mailing lists archives.  There have been several threads on
this topic.

-t