need to read 9-track reel tapes

Daniel Smith linux2002 at daniel.org
Sun Sep 15 11:43:00 PDT 2002

Greetings,

I have some old 9-track tapes that I would like to attempt
to read.  (circa 1985, written via BSD 4.2 on a Vax 11/750
at College of Marin... there, there's my background :-)  Hopefully
it isn't too late for me to retrieve the data.

Does anyone here have access to a 9 track?  I'd gladly rent
time if the rate were reasonable.  I just want to get my old
school work, first email from 1981, Usenet from the early 80's,
and so on.

Oh, I should mention... I have an old exabyte drive, and an old Sun
QIC-150 (model 411)  cartridge drive (the ones that take DC 6150
tape).  "RestoreFest", anyone?  Must be some others out there
with old tapes rotting away.

thanks for any leads,

Daniel
--