NBLUG Mandrake mirror report

E Frank Ball frankb at efball.com
Thu Sep 26 13:04:55 PDT 2002

On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 12:18:15PM -0700, Christopher Wagner wrote:
} Well, one question for you, how many previous versions of the kernel do we
} REALLY need?  If it's a question of disk space...

The latest versions of 2.2, 2.4, and 2.5 would be nice.  Since 2.5 can
be unstable perhaps the last 2 or 3 versions would be good.

} I agree with junking Ximian, and all the old updates for 6.2-7.1.

Please keep 6.2 updates.

There seems to be some garbage under Debian potato.

} But really, what we're looking at basically is a need for a larger hard
} drive.  I'm perfectly willing to donate money towards a new hard drive for
} the mirror box.

Me too, but I've heard some rumors we may need a whole new box in a 1U
rackmount package.

   E Frank Ball                frankb at efball.com