[NBLUG/talk] Linux Telephony - Asterisk PBX - GnoPhone

Scott Doty scott at sonic.net
Tue Apr 8 11:23:01 PDT 2003

On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 09:07:55AM -0800, Mark Street wrote:
> I just landed a contract for a Napa based company for a small PBX.  I sold
> them on a Linux box running Asterisk solution with a couple digium telephony
> cards.  http://asterisk.org  http://www.digium.com
>
> Any caveats or recommendations from the peanut gallery.

We're playing with Asterisk in a SIP environment.  Here we're using Cisco
ATA186 VOIP terminals.  I have something to relate.

Yesterday one of our guys got the terminal working with Asterisk here at
work.  He then took one home and tried to associate the terminal using
the same username and password.  This crashed Asterisk.

Obviously this is an unusual situation, unrelated to the Digium cards.  But
you might want to wrap the thing in a service loops to restart Asterisk if
it blows chunks...

 -Scott