[NBLUG/talk] DSL provider recommendations?

E Frank Ball frankb at efball.com
Mon Apr 21 23:00:03 PDT 2003

On Mon, Apr 21, 2003 at 10:13:43PM -0700, Mike Egan, ME wrote:
} I liked sonic when I had my own dsl. They were good for being the
} "middleman" with PacBell. They were more aggressive in getting things done
} with PacBell than any ordinary user. I hear they also allow for nationwide
} dialup, but dont know how that works.

Nationwide dialup is some service they contract with.  There is a list
of local dialup number throughout the country and sonic charges an extra
$3/month for this service.  Some areas are better covered than others,
but you can poke around their website and find the list.  They had a
number for my parents hometown in PA which was handy.  I was able to
turn on this service before my vacation and turn it off afterward from
the member tools on the website.

   E Frank Ball                frankb at efball.com