[NBLUG/talk] SquirrelMail and PHP.

troy fryman at sonic.net
Wed Apr 23 17:11:01 PDT 2003

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 03:57:44PM -0700, Christopher Wagner wrote:
> I moved things back to /var/lib/squirrelmail/prefs/.
>
> Here are the results of your question:
> drwxr-xr-x   20 root     root         4096 Apr 18 10:28 var
> -
> drwxr-xr-x   18 root     root         4096 Apr 18 09:32 lib
> -
> drwx--x--x    3 apache   apache       4096 Apr 23 11:01 squirrelmail
> -
> drwxrwxr-x    2 apache   apache       4096 Apr 23 15:08 prefs
>
> Since you mention symbolic links, I should point out that waggie.net is a
> virtual host in /home/chrisw/web and /home/chrisw/web/webmail is a symbolic
> link to /usr/share/squirrelmail.

I may have missed one of the earlier e-mails, but do you have a
<Directory></Directory> clause in httpd.conf that allows access to
/usr/share/squirrelmail?

Something similar to what Mike provided earlier:
<Directory "/var/lib/squirrelmail/prefs"> #maybe, /var/lib/squirrelmail
    Options All
    AllowOverride All
    DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm default.html default.htm index.php
    AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
</Directory>

I'm still fuzzy on where your files really live, but I think the missing
<Directory> bit may be the key.  Note that you need to allow access to the
physical dir itself, not the symlinked dir.

One more thing to remember... Sometimes you'll have directories with sensitive
files that do need to be accessable by the web server.  For these dirs, make
sure that you include some sort of index.html to prevent snooping.

-troy