[NBLUG/talk] About Quota

M.GH mgh_57 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 30 07:40:04 PDT 2003

Hello.

I have a problem with quota.
I work in a computer center of university and I like
to set quota for users'mail spaces.

I created a partition "/var/spool/mail" and changed
the /etc/fstab and created the
/var/spool/mail/aquota.user and aquota.group and run
"checkquota -cug /dev/hda3"

and then I changed the values of quota for a user like
below :

           Block soft limit :16     hard limit :19

and then I send some mails to the user .
but when I use "ls" I see that user's mail size is
like below :
        11k  /var/spool/mail/test
and when I run "repquota -a"
It show below line for user :
       used     soft     hard
         12       16      19
But why when I send a small mail to this user , the
mail returned to me by a message about "can't create
file and exceed quota" ?
while the user's mail size is 11k and it has space to
reach 16k , so why it returned ?

Regard.

Please guide me . We have many users and I want to set
a 7M space for them .
How should I do this?