[NBLUG/talk] What controls the "prompt"?

ME dugan at passwall.com
Mon Aug 4 12:16:01 PDT 2003

This suggests issues with one of the following:
Permissions of a dev, File Locking, permissions to one or more required
libs/shared-objects.

Examine Mitch's e-mail message and check your pty ownership and tty
owenership in /dev.

If after working through the permission of dev ptys, you still find no
success, then I'd like you to perform a trace of the startup of the
gnome-terminal and send it to me (not the list as the attachment will be
too big.)

-ME