[NBLUG/talk] [dan@unpossible.com: NBLUG and the CA gov race.]

Eric Eisenhart eric at nblug.org
Mon Aug 11 16:53:01 PDT 2003

This looked reasonably interesting, so I'm forwarding it along in case
anybody's interested.

----- Forwarded message from Dan Grigsby <dan at unpossible.com> -----

From: "Dan Grigsby" <dan at unpossible.com>
To: <eric at nblug.org>
Subject: NBLUG and the CA gov race.

Hi Eric,

After the recent "Dealing with spam" meeting I hope this message isn't
out of line.  I'm writing CA open source groups regarding the CA recall
election; I got your name here:

I've started a site (http://PlatformForCalifornia.org) to identify and
run a symbolic write-in candidate with strong Open Source connections in
the recall election for the position of Governor of California.

The state spends over $3 billion a year on IT, and with the recent $95
million Oracle scandal, it's obvious that some new ideas for IT are
necessary.  I want to engage the OSS community to find potential
candidates and get a campaign going.  The campaign will raise attention
for Open Source Software.

There are full details of why and how this will come off at the website.
I need you open source user groups to help me make this a phenomenon.

Please help me out here.  To make this work, we're going to need people
to come into the site and make nominations.  Please spread the word.

Thanks,

Dan

----- End forwarded message -----