[NBLUG/talk] VOTING/NOMINATION: Elections

ME dugan at passwall.com
Wed Aug 13 12:06:01 PDT 2003

ME said:
[chop]
> What to do:
>
> Make a nomination. Nominations need not be seconded, but must be accepted
> by the person being nominated. (Yes, just like last time, you can nominate
> yourself.)
>
> How do you nominate someone?
> subject and send your reply to the "talk" list.
> (Nominations must be public and available for all to see.)

(Here is a sample, real nomination)

I nominate Kyle Rankin for President for the next election.
Kyle is almost always on the #nblug channel, has done some rather advanced
things with his linux boxes, and would make an effective leader for NBLUG.

I nominate Bill Marlin for Director at Large for next election. Bill has
been a long-time contributer to the NBLUG board and has attended many
board meetings. He has a proven track record.

-ME