[NBLUG/talk] DIA

Dave Sisley dsisley at arczip.com
Wed Aug 20 16:37:00 PDT 2003

On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 10:21:10AM -0700, Dave Rohling wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience with DIA? It seems like a great idea, but
> I'd like more plug-ins for the network devices (haven't searched yet), and
> it seems a little bit more difficult to use than Visio. I don't want to have
> to pay Micro$oft for Visio, so I was wondering if there's any other good
> open-source programs like this, or if this is the best.

Dave:

My experience with DIA is very limited: I used it for creating ER
diagrams for the database class at SSU.  (All the other kids, with their
scribbly pencil diagrams, were green with envy, of course <smiley>).

My two cents is just that I liked it and found it pretty easy to use.

I've never used Vi$io, so I can't compare them (Not very useful of me,
sorry).  My advice is to use at least version 0.90. The version bundled
with my RH8 distro kept crashing on me.

- Dave Sisley