[NBLUG/talk] Linux Vmware host/W98 client problem

Glen Gunsalus g-gunsalus at mindspring.com
Tue Aug 26 16:13:01 PDT 2003

Hi all,

I just went from VMware 3.2.0-2230 to 4.0.0-4460 and am having some
trouble getting my Palm Pilot to synchronize with W98 client.
(It was working fine under 3.2.0).

RH 7.3
VMware: was 3.2.0, now 4.0.0 linux host
VMware client OS: W98
Application: Palm Desktop 3.1
device: Palm III

Problem:  I can't do a hotsync after moving from vmware 3.2.0 to 4.0.0.
With hotsync manager running on W98 and punching the hotsync button on
caddy or direct from the III I get popup on w98 saying "connecting" -
it doesn't get any further than that and eventually times out.

Stopped hotsync manager and connect to com1 with hyperterm: punch hotsync
on III and get repeated character string on hyperterm.  So there looks
to be communication/wake up from III to com1 (thus the popup with
"connecting" with hotsync manger running), but nothing the other way?

Does anyone have any ideas/things to try?

Thanks, glen