[NBLUG/talk] bash shell commands

jeff at dreadidread.homelinux.org jeff at dreadidread.homelinux.org
Fri Aug 29 09:00:03 PDT 2003

I have a couple of basic bash shell questions that would really be useful to
know but I haven't figured out yet (I'm still a new linux user).

How do I delete a directory and everything in the directory (including
subdirectories) in one command? is there some option of the 'rmdir -f ./dir'
that I'm missing? I want to get rid of my phpmyadmin from the web and I don't
want to do through rm -f *.php in every directory followed by rmdir... :-)

How do I grep through every file in a directory ( and optionally the
subdirectories )? When I try find *.py | grep 'something' I'm coming up empty...

Thanks in advance,

Jeff