[NBLUG/talk] More apt-get problems

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 3 11:19:00 PST 2003

I see.  It looks like unstable (Sid) and testing (Sarge) somehow use a
mix of KDE versions 3.1.3 and 3.1.4, which I suppose could be causing
problems.  Therefore, unless I want to go to a lot of extra effort, I'll
probably have to wait until they get all of the KDE 3.1.4 packages
sorted out and in the repository.  At least it seems I can get
everything I need from a desktop environment (so far) out of GNOME.  And
I have other problems to figure out at the moment.

It still seems odd when I consider that I had no difficulty obtaining
and installing all of the KDE 3.1.4 packages in RPM form while I was
using RedHat 9.