[NBLUG/talk] RPM Segmentation Fault

Mark Street jet at sonic.net
Sat Dec 6 21:53:00 PST 2003

On Saturday 06 December 2003 21:44, Todd Cary wrote:
> Do you know if the up2date saves off it's list of tagged headers?
>
> Which commands should not have worked if it was a version problem with
> glibc?

Let's just put it this way, anything that dynamically links to glibc is
probably toast if you install the i386 package over the i686 package.  If
glibc is broken the system probably will not reboot, it will crash.

From one of my earlier posts on this...  Try this command...

rpm -q --queryformat '%{arch}\n' kernel glibc

Tell us what you get back......

--
Mark Street, D.C.
Red Hat Certified Engineer