[NBLUG/talk] Partitioning a HD

Mark Street jet at sonic.net
Wed Dec 10 16:06:01 PST 2003

> I would like to get some suggestions from Server administrators on the
> "best way" to partitioning a HD realizing this is a very open ended
> question.

It depends on what you are going to use the system for.

You need to do a little reading about mount points and filesystems and
what points you can split them on safely.  Reading the whole Multi Disk
HOWTO might be a good idea, but here is the section you might be
interested in.

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Multi-Disk-HOWTO-9.html

You also need to know a little bit about the Linux Filesystem Hierarchy
Standard.  Scroll to the bottom of the page and download a PDF or txt or
HTML version of it.

http://www.pathname.com/fhs/