[NBLUG/talk] Advice on iptables ...

Dustin Mollo dustin at sonic.net
Sat Dec 27 11:51:01 PST 2003

On Sat, Dec 27, 2003 at 10:06:42AM -0800, Mark Linford wrote:
> However, I haven't been able to find any good tutorials or advice
> online to guide me with this particular configuration. Does anyone have
> any advice on how I should proceed? Thanks in advance for your help!

while i agree with augie in terms of not knowing *exactly* what you are
trying to accomplish, if you're looking for a good starting point for
iptables and linux firewalls in general, check out Frank's firewall page at
http://www.nblug.org/firewall/.  it's slightly outdated in terms of the
various tools mentioned, it's got some good examples of using linux's
firewall capabilities.

in terms of firewalls in general, o'reilly has a book called 'building
internet firewalls' that i read a long time ago...really good intro into
firewalls and the like.  it was last updated in 2000, but the general
principles don't change much from year to year.

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/fire2/

-dustin