Dual Boot Installation

Dustin Mollo dustin at sonic.net
Fri Feb 7 22:33:22 PST 2003

I'd bet dollars to donuts that your problem is that you formatted the disk
as something other than FAT.  I don't think I've seen a RH driver disk that
uses anything else.  I'd also point out that the intructions for making the
promise driver disk specifically mention using a Windows-based box, which
would indicate to use a FAT floppy.  Doesn't mean you have to create the
driver disk using windows, but if that's what they used for their example,
I'd say you have a 99.999% chance that the floppy should be FAT.

Good luck,

-Dustin

P.S. - I'm sure others here can speak more to this, but in general, you
don't want to use ext2/3 for floppies - it's rather wasteful of space on a
"partition" that small.