IP aliases, effect on security?

Daniel Smith linux2002 at daniel.org
Wed Feb 12 11:43:55 PST 2003

>HTTP was extended to 1.1 and you are now able to use a single ip address
>for many different domains.

Thanks Ron.  I should note that while I am a longtime
programmer, networking configuration has always been
a mystery to me :-)

A quick poll, if that is ok with folks here.  I'm
curious as to what a sampling of experienced network
admins will reveal.

For those of you with multiple domains on one box,
do you have:

* single ip, name-based hosting?
* multiple ip off of one physical interface?
* multiple User Mode Linux (virtual) machines?
* we run 8 ethernet controllers, and we try to keep all
of the cables straight...
* it gives me a headache, so I simply buy a new box
for each domain!

thanks all!

--
Daniel L. Smith - Sonoma County, CA - AIM: SonomaDaniel
Resume: http://resume.daniel.org