Installing RH on a SCSI drive server

Wyvern.Restaurants at ultra.sonic.net Wyvern.Restaurants at ultra.sonic.net
Fri Jan 10 14:54:31 PST 2003

I have three choices for installing RH 7:

1. On my 40Gb drive that holds XP - has a 2.2GHz processor
2. On a separate drive on the XP machine
3. On our obsolete Dell PowerEdge 2300 server which has two SCSI hard drives

Problems:
1. The XP is on a FAT32 but I don't know how to repartition the disk without losing the stuff already there.
2. My preference; I assume Windoze demands to be on the primary drive.  How do I alter the boot floppy to tell it to use hd1
3. This would be neat, because I could then work with a server configuration; are there problems with the SCSI drives?

Further problem - I can't come to the installfest because I'm not physically able to move the machines.
I can figure out the installation itself (no-brainer) it's the XP  critter that has me stumped.

If someone wants to e-mail me privately so we don't take up list space on newbie stuff, that would be ok.

Catherine de la Cruz
Wyvern Restaurants Inc
private e-mail  cdlcruz at sonic.net