Dump Crossover (for a better video system with linux)

troy fryman at sonic.net
Wed Jan 15 17:19:52 PST 2003

On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 04:03:09PM -0800, Dustin Mollo wrote:
> That's great.  So now we've gone from being called operating system
> snobs to Linux distribution snobs.  What an improvement!
>
> Sheesh...

Are you perhaps responding to the mplayer developers being kinda
snobbish?  Those guys have a deserved reputation for bitching about
unsupported 'crappy' distro's and compilers and being jerks about it at
the same time.  But this guy, (Marillat) just put out some nice deb's.
I don't think (s)he's under any obligation to make packages for other
package management systems.

No, I'm not ungrateful for their work, but they (mplayer developers)
*do* qualify as snobs!

BTW, mplayer isn't /that/ hard to build from source any more.  Although
it does take some editing of the Makefile if you're using an
"unsupported / crappy" compiler.

Also, freshrpms.net has some rpm's for mplayer (and other stuff
too)

And thanks for the pointer, Mr. error.  It's nice to have a .deb feed for
this stuff!  Mplayer is very cool software!

-troy