Dynamic DNS

Doug Palmer Doug_Palmer at sonic.com
Fri Jan 17 11:30:51 PST 2003

Does anybody have a recommended dynamic DNS service? I'm on Pacbell DSL
without a static IP. I was using DNS2Go but their service has changed
into something unusable. I'm trying to avoid switching to sonic.net just
because I don't want 6 weeks without DSL service (could be as short as 2
weeks, but my luck doesn't work that way).
I've looked at a couple of other services, but they all seem to require
that you use their domain ( yourstuff.theirdomain.net) and I want to be
able to use my own domain name. Any suggestions? Or am I doomed to
switch?

Doug