Registration and hosting services

troy fryman at sonic.net
Thu Jan 23 23:15:36 PST 2003

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 10:59:07PM -0800, ME wrote:

> As soon as mine get closer to expiration, I'm moving mine to gandi.

Still using Gandi, still very happy.

> I presently use internic, no wait, NetworkSolutions, no wait, netsol, no
> wait, Verisign, no wait netsol...

heh.

> I pay lots of money for bad service.

heh. heh.  Get out before they bill you some exorbident fee for
switching registrars.

> The best deal I found for my money as a hobbiest was $105/month for any 1U
> system with 40GB/40GB per month. It is a small company, and they are
> notshooting for 5-nines, let alone 3-nines uptime, but they work for
> me.(They have other restrictions: no porn, no irc servers, no 3d game
> servers (quake, RtCW), etc., but I dont need those on my server.)

Speak, man!  Name names!

Curious, Why do you think they'd care about gameservers, if you're being
billed with a 40GB/month cap?  People (or whatever you call them) aren't
DoS'ing game servers these days are they?

-ta