[NBLUG/talk] Spam Meeting Results?

ME dugan at passwall.com
Tue Jul 8 23:35:01 PDT 2003

E Frank Ball said:
> On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 10:56:58PM -0700, Mike Egan, ME wrote:
> } >
> } > is the tmp location, i'm sure the guys will move it to a more
> } > appropriate location soon.
> }
> } Frank or Eric could put this in their nblug user folders and we can link
> } to it from the links page...
>

> "Folder"?  What kind of windows crap talk is that?  Linux has directories.

(Through discussion of authentication...)

Have you ever had people ask what LDAP is?

After you explain it to them, they sometimes then ask if that is the
difference between directories and folders.

*sigh*

"So, I use LDAP to access directories, and use my web browser to look at
folders?"

Please forgive me. I am in a university course where I am the only techie.
I have found using certain words over others makes it easier to convey
content.

> I don't have a directory for myself on nblug either, but I made a spam
> directory:
>
> http://www.nblug.org/spam/
>
> It's linked from the main links page too.

What about /presentations/spam/ to avoid overpopulation of the root web
folder (errrrr directory ;-) with separate folders per presentation?

-ME