[NBLUG/talk] Samba running slow...

Todd Cary todd at aristesoftware.com
Mon Jul 14 12:08:00 PDT 2003

I checked the smb.conf (it was set using the GUI interface) and Security
was set to DOMAIN rather than Server.  Of course I had to set the name
of the server in the following line.

This appears to be one of the short comings of the GUI
interfaces....VERY convenient for Windows people like me, but they are
not comprehensive enough.  "Firewall" was set in the GUI as the name of
the password server.

Sorry for not seeing this in the beginning (I was able to compare the
smb.conf on my "working" server) and discovered the difference.

Todd