[NBLUG/talk] Samba running slow...

Coy Thorp C.Thorp at mdl.com
Tue Jul 15 08:58:00 PDT 2003

I'm wondering if this is samba only, or network related.  Do any other
services between the pc and linux box semm slow?  Ftp?  Scp?

Jeremy -

I may have popped open the champagne bottle too early.  After doing
whatever RH Linux does during the night, it is running slow again.
Restarted Samba; checked the smb.conf for any changes.....an ongoing
mystery.

And the "slowness" is only in PC - > Linux; not Linux -> PC.  For those
with more knowledge about Networks, this most likely is a good clue.

Todd