[NBLUG/talk] Samba running slow...

troy fryman at sonic.net
Tue Jul 15 11:03:00 PDT 2003

On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 10:27:51AM -0700, Todd Cary wrote:
> I just found the Network GUI and the fixed IP of 192.168.0.22 with a
> Gateway of 192.168.0.1 is set properly.  The Hardware portion did not
> show and settings for Auto detect - at least I could not find one.

Perhaps you could set it specifically to match what's on the PC side.
I've always set this in /etc/modules.conf with a line like so:
options tulip full_duplex=1
or
options tulip full_duplex=0

where "tulip" is the module for your NIC.

Also, see if your box has a command line tool called "mii-tool"  I know
it shipped on older RedHat's.  This tool allows you to query and set
media/duplex.

-troy