[NBLUG/talk] OT: Primes revisited

ME dugan at passwall.com
Fri Jun 6 11:33:00 PDT 2003

Micxz (lovedialup.com) said:

> I guess I was thinking you could use that C code in your HTML
> development, but I understand what you mean.

Sorry, I was not sure which you wanted. After I posted, I realized you
might have meant "running" the app...

> Without a compile, it's just source. I mean the browser or OS will
> almost always use plain text to display this.
>
> I guess you could write and compile a c program and use perl or python
> to execute the bininary and spit the results out into a HTML page on the
> fly.

Yes. Such is the world of CGI. You can build a program that generates a
complete HTML page and code it in shell scripting or perl or many other
languages and with a properly configured system and web server, you can
change the extention to .cgi and have the server "run" that pplication and
spit the output to the user who requested the doc.

-ME