[NBLUG/talk] Why I should be scribe

Steve Zimmerman stevetux at sonic.net
Sat Jun 7 12:51:02 PDT 2003

I should be scribe precisely because I'm not an advanced power
user.  My being scribe will free up Augie (or whoever the other
nominee is) to do the more advanced things they're good at,
while leaving me the easier task of keeping and posting minutes.

Also, my election to the office of scribe will be a protection against
the insularity that can occur when all the offices are
held exclusively by power users.

On the other hand, maybe you want to be insulated from the
outside world; if so, then elect another power user.  I, on the
other hand, want to kick Microsoft's ass, on the desktop and
everywhere else.  We're not going to do that by being insulated.
--
Steve Zimmerman