[NBLUG/talk] arghh! I HATE it when that happens..

Jim Bianchi jimbo at sonic.net
Mon Jun 9 20:36:00 PDT 2003

	I'm trying to install xine on my laptop (RH 8.0). So I finally get
all the files it wants and untar one, su to root and run ./configure, and
it tells me 'checking for gcc ..no. checking for cc .. no. error: no
acceptable cc found.'

	What do I do now? I know, find, dload and install gcc. Well, what
do you want to bet THAT'LL bomb because something ELSE is needed?

	Anyway, on disc 3 of the Rh 8.0 install CD set I used there is a
file named 'gcc-objc-3.2-7.i386.rpm.' Is that what I want? My system is an
i686. I'm really flying blind here, and need some help.

--
jimbo at sonic.net       Jim Bianchi   Santa Rosa   California

        Eclectic Garbanzo BBS ** (707) 539-1279 ** 28.8kbps

	Remember Flight 93 -- "Let's roll!"