[NBLUG/talk] arghh! I HATE it when that happens..

Mark Street jet at sonic.net
Mon Jun 9 21:17:00 PDT 2003

Nah, no worries.....

Short of going all apt-get over this.  Get the new favorite on my block.  yum.
http://linux.duke.edu/projects/yum/

install the RPM from freshrpms.net
http://psyche.freshrpms.net/rpm.html?id=920

then from the command line as root run;

yum install gcc

A onetime preliminary index of all the headers will be done for RH8 and its
updates.  Then yum will install gcc and all of its dependencies for you.

It's a breath of fresh air for RPM based systems.

--
Mark Street, D.C.
Red Hat Certified Engineer