[NBLUG/talk] Help: Newbie and proxy server running SBS2000

Micxz (lovedialup.com) an_email at micxz.com
Wed Jun 11 12:46:01 PDT 2003

Jen'

If you want to know the settings for your network card under linux issue
the following command AS ROOT:

ifconfig

You should see something like:

eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:01:02:G5:EF:38
          inet addr:10.10.10.1  Bcast:10.10.10.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          inet6 addr: [mac addy here]/64 Scope:Link
          collisions:0
          RX bytes:4582889 (4.3 Mb)  TX bytes:160896 (157.1 Kb)

If you don't see eth0:

Then stop your network card is not configured yet!

If you do see eth0 then try this command:

ping xx.xx.xx.xx

change xx.xx.xx.xx with your network servers IP or the proxy's IP
address.

Can you ping the network?

Micxz