[NBLUG/talk] locals running ASUS P4P800 board?

ME dugan at passwall.com
Tue Jun 17 15:59:01 PDT 2003

Daniel Smith said:
> Anyone local running Linux on an Asus P4P800?
> (or is it still too early for this board?)  I have
> always had good luck with Asus boards, but don't
> want to get too bleeding edge on this one.

No experience with this board - most of the stuff I get is from Dell or
major manufacturer. I did get a Tyan Mobo many years ago, but have gone
the way of major vendors of complete products.

> ME - please contact me; perhaps the club could
> use the mobo I am going to be swapping out.

I know LUGOD uses a shared box for people to use at demos, but they have
people willing to maintain them. Having such a box is a good idea, but
getting a volunteer to piece together a box and maintain it is where we
are sadly lacking resources.

I'll pass this offer to the people on the board and see if anyone is
willing to invest time in such a thing.

Thanks!

-ME