[NBLUG/talk] Resizing a linux partition.

Daniel Smith dls at daniel.org
Wed Jun 18 16:54:00 PDT 2003

There's a tutorial on this at:
http://www.luv.asn.au/overheads/parted/

However, I would personally would avoid resizing down
an existing linux partition if I could help it
(unless someone can convince that using something
like GNU Parted will perform the same type
of task as defrag does in Windows)

Here's another approach - there might be a nice way
to side-step the whole issue: install Win2K via
vmware (http://vmware.com) - that way you can just run
what you need with Linux acting as a host to a
virtual pc.

Daniel

--
Daniel L. Smith - Sonoma County, CA - AIM: SonomaDaniel
JavaJoint.com   - daniel.org        - ThereAndThen.org