[NBLUG/talk] Audio CD question

Jim Bianchi jimbo at sonic.net
Fri Jun 20 22:25:01 PDT 2003

	I've a question regarding audio CDs (under RH 8.0). Just as a
matter of idle curiosity, I'd like to know if it is possible to do the
equivalent of, say, mount /mnt/cdrom; cd /mnt/cdrom; ls; when there is an
audio CD in the drive. I've tried this once and failed. Apparantly audio
CDs have flags that say they are audio CDs, and this prevents mounting and
examining them (as opposed to data CDs, which can be mounted and examined).
Like I say, this is merely idle curiosity; but if I could mount an audio
CD like this and examine it (using ls), what would I see?

--
jimbo at sonic.net       Jim Bianchi   Santa Rosa   California

        Eclectic Garbanzo BBS ** (707) 539-1279 ** 28.8kbps

	Remember Flight 93 -- "Let's roll!"