[NBLUG/talk] mounting network filesystems?

Mark Street jet at sonic.net
Sun Jun 29 17:03:00 PDT 2003

On Sunday 29 June 2003 16:53, Micxz (lovedialup.com) wrote:
> I'm using linux as a file server and the gateway. I run samba for the
> windows needing shares and appletalk for the mac. But I'm now starting
> to run linux on other machines and want to mount a "share" on my linux
> machines. It's linux to linux so it should be easy.

You could do this NFS and Samba.

Yep, you can mount those Doze shares right onto your linux filesystems.

check out smbmount or the new type option to the mount command depending on
what distro and release of samba you are using.  mount -t smbfs //DOZE/C
/DOZE-C

nfs is easy.... or should be easy... in this instance.  Make sure you have it
blocked at the firewall/external interface...... or you could get burned.

nfs-utils
/etc/exports
portmap
and away you go.....

> This should be very easy but I'm not sure were to start. Thanks'

This stuff is not meant to be easy.............

--
Mark Street, D.C.
Red Hat Certified Engineer