[NBLUG/talk] Can't get online w/new RH8 Install

Dave Sisley dsisley at mail.arczip.com
Mon Mar 10 06:13:00 PST 2003

I just upgraded my IBM thinkpad from RH 7.2 to 8.0 and I'm having
trouble getting online via a pcmcia modem.  I have configured a
connection and can get it to dial out to my ISP and log in through
both the 'neat' GUI and wvdial.  But if I bring up mozilla or try
tp ssh into an outside server, nothing happens.  Any ideas?
Since I get 30 days of web support from RH, I sent them an email
on Sunday, but
<flattery>I thought I would ask the group here as well, I'll bet
you guys are faster!</flattery>
Thanks in advance for your help.

-- Dave Sisley
dsisley at arczip.com