[NBLUG/talk] The Advantages of Linux

Christopher Wagner chrisw at pacaids.com
Tue May 6 11:25:01 PDT 2003

May 13th is the next meeting, should be good.  They're discussing Linux on
the Playstation 2.

As far as the laptop, I'll mirror what Augie said.  Just putting Linux on an
old slow machine does not make it faster (although infinitely more stable).
If you're looking to run text-mode, it probably won't be an issue.  How old
and slow is this laptop anyway?

As for the donuts, I'm sure people wouldn't mind, but it's definitely not a
requirement. :)

- Christopher Wagner
chrisw at pacaids.com

Packaging Aids Corporation - Information Systems
P.O. Box 9144
San Rafael, CA 94912-9144
http://www.pacaids.com/
(415) 454-4868 x116