[NBLUG/talk] Java v. C++ in Linux

William L. Thomson Jr. support at obsidian-studios.com
Tue May 6 20:56:01 PDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 23:40, mrp wrote:
> On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 07:14:12PM -0700, Edward Mendoza wrote:
> >
> > I would like some input on the question of Java (the language, not the
> > script) v. C++ in the Linux environment.
>
> I've always been disappointed in g++ as a C++ compiler.  The java options
> are much better, within the limitations of Java.  Does anybody have
> experience with CodeWarrior for Linux?

Yes, do not buy it. I bought it and I did not like it for either C, C++
or Java. I do not even use it now, and I just have it installed since I
payed for it.

I now mainly use Sun One Studio (formerly Forte 4 Java) for Java, and
Anjuta for C and C++.

However I have used and like Eclipse and IntelliJ IDEA. Others seem to
like JBuilder. To name a few, there are many.

> I prefer the linux/unix environment.  The lack of highly integrated IDEs
> is offset by the great tools you can use.

There are many IDE's that are very integrated. If you need names or
links let me know.

In what way do you find the IDE's for linux to not be integrated?

--
Sincerely,
William L. Thomson Jr.