[NBLUG/talk] OpenOffice v. StarOffice

E Frank Ball frankb at efball.com
Thu May 15 10:35:01 PDT 2003

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 07:33:46PM -0700, Edward Mendoza wrote:
}
} For business applications in the Linux environment, which do you prefer?
} Which is better? I have used neither: OpenOffice or StarOffice?

I've used both, but I'm anything but a power user, I'm just reading
microsoft style attachements in email I receive.  They both seem to work
fine.  I'm using Openoffice at work now, becuase Redhat 9 came with the
rpms for it.  I still have Staroffice at home, but I don't use it much.

I had been using gnumeric for excel spreadsheets, but the new verision
will no longer export to a non-linux (HP-UX) display so I had to switch
to openoffice, which is much much slower.

Is staroffice going to continue to be free?

   E Frank Ball                frankb at efball.com