[NBLUG/talk] MySql/JDBC connnectivity issue.

Mitch Patenaude mrp at sonic.net
Tue May 20 22:40:04 PDT 2003

Thanks to all who helped, especially to Augie and his very helpful
docs...

I think I have the problem worked out.

In addition to a user at host permission model, there is a host specific
set of grants that are logically anded with the privileges of the user,
so that even if a user is supposed to have certain privileges granted,
unless they're also granted for that host, they don't actually exist
for a connection from that host.  in theory, the host field can be
replaced by the wildcard '%', which will match all hosts, but I haven't
made that work properly.. but that may be a side effect of the second
part of the problem:

In addition, the tool I was using (mysqlcc), when it made a copy of the
user for the new host, would munge the password field, and it had to be
reset.  (That may actually be a property of the password encoding, I'm
not sure).

   -- Mitch