[NBLUG/talk] What are Red Hat instructors like?

Steve Zimmerman stevetux at sonic.net
Wed May 21 23:34:01 PDT 2003

I'm considering taking some Red Hat courses:

RH131, which is a beginning sysadmin course,
Red Hat Linux Programming Essentials,
Red Hat Linux Device Drivers, and
Red Hat Linux Kernel Internals.

Trust me, I know I'm not _anywhere close_ to
having the skill level required for those last
two courses yet, but that's not my question.

My question is,  What are the courses like,
from the standpoint of politeness and
cordiality of the instructors?

I frankly like (and tend to need) a degree of
comfort and reassurance from instructors I
deal with.  I don't need to be hand-held, but
I need to be able to trust my
instructors a little bit, and an aloof, lukewarm,
lazy, "learning-the-material-is-your-problem-not-mine"
attitude just doesn't work for me.

If they're getting $2,500 for five days,
I want some attitude, and I mean good attitude.

So then, my question is, In reference to the
specifications for a teacher that I just
mentioned, do Red Hat instructors fit the
bill?

Thanks for any replies that come.    : )
--
Steve Zimmerman