[NBLUG/talk] RH Linux 9.0 & Windows

Mark Street jet at sonic.net
Sun May 25 21:54:00 PDT 2003

On Sunday 25 May 2003 21:20, HarryH wrote:
> I am new to you group.  I have Windows Server and Advanced Server installed
> on one of my machines and have enough partition space to add RH Linux 9.0
> on the same HD.  How much space does RH (server version) need for binaries,
> no source or games - I plan to use RHN to load up on what my 3 CDs do not

Well, a default Red Hat 'server' install is about 2.2 gig give or take.  If
you want a little more control do a custom server and pick what you want for
about 650M+, grow it from there.  NOTE - WARNING, WARNING, WARNING REMEMBER a
server install will/may destroy ALL Partitions on your HDD.  I would
recommend you do a CUSTOM install and pick the severs you want and upgrade it
from there....

> have?  As I understand it, Windows is supposed to be installed first, then
> Linux?
Yes
  Also, should I use GRUB or LILO in the RH install?  What other
> problems will I need to be aware of?

either will work fine.  Whatever you are comfortable with.  I prefer grub
these days, but I use both.

Many problems to be aware of..... just don't run into any of them....
--
Mark Street, D.C.
Red Hat Certified Engineer