[NBLUG/talk] Linux Gamers, Help...

Edward Mendoza lorca at sonic.net
Fri May 30 09:32:00 PDT 2003

Last night I was playing at the "Electronic Warrior" (a computer game LAN on
Fourth St in downtown Santa Rosa) and I asked the owner why he doesn't run
Linux on his +25 machines. He explained that, unfortunately, the most
popular games (such as Counter Strike and other first person shooters) need
Windoze to run. I didn't question what he said but I wonder if it's
completely true.

Aren't there plenty of patches and tweaks available for the Linux
environment to be able to play most games?

If there are please let me know because the owner would love nothing more
than to liberate his small business from Microcrap; he hates them with a
passion. He now uses Debian to route his two DSL lines for his LAN.

Any responses will be appreciated, Edward