[NBLUG/talk] recommendations for distro

ME dugan at passwall.com
Thu Nov 20 21:21:01 PST 2003

ME said:
> I have not been paying attention, but what ever happened to that
> "bankruptcy cloud" discussed earlier this year with respect to Mandrake?:
>
> http://www.ofb.biz/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=192

After spending much time looking with google, and visiting the Mandrake
website:
Partial story on this. They asked for 6 months of protection from
creditors, and wanted to get an extention for longer:
http://www.mandrakesoft.com/company/investors/newsletter/sn030724

Same URL states they have had "positive cashflow since January." but the
article was posted in July.

http://deru.com/~gdt/unix/logger/
Says has statement included from Mandrake CEO on the stablility of
Mandrake software with expectations to come out of bankruptcy before the
end of the year. (Appears to have been done July 1, 2003.)

However, I am not finding much luck in finding information from the
company on their being on track for no longer needing protection from
creditors.

ANyone been following this with more detail who can shed some light on this?