[NBLUG/talk] up2date and Fedora

Todd Cary todd at aristesoftware.com
Fri Nov 28 16:40:03 PST 2003

I updated my Red Hat 9 with Fedora and it is too bad that Windows did
not work as smoothly!  The most difficult part is sitting in front of
the fire and having a cup of tea and guessing when I need to go back to
the computer and switch CD's.

What I do not understand is the up2date feature in Fedora.  I had the
"up2date button" and I pressed it and voila, all updates were
performed.  I thought Fedora would no longer have the "up2date"
feature.  Does this mean that whenever I get a notice on the Fedora List
about an update, all I have to do is run up2date?  If that is the case,
this is FAR better than anything out of Redmond!

Todd