CD-based Linux (was: Re: [NBLUG/talk] OpenOffice 1.1 ISO has arrived...)

Lincoln Peters lincoln_peters at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 7 10:36:01 PDT 2003

I'm aware of more than a few distros that run off a CD.  I think that
Knoppix is the most popular of them.  Perhaps that was what you were using?

I am aware that Knoppix is already used in the Santa Rosa Junior College as
part of the "Intro to UNIX" class, since all of the lab computer are running
Windows (and booting from a CD is simple enough).  I also seem to recall
that it has been suggested occasionally as a way to introduce more skeptical
people to Linux.

Lincoln